How Much Does it Cost to Renovate a House in Australia?
Updated: Sep 27, 2020
Renovation of the home should be done once in 5 to 10 years. Some people take the renovation of individual rooms every year. But renovating the home in separate phases will be expensive and you cannot get the desired results. So, the best decision is to renovate the full home and get your favourite interior and home decor.
Reasons to Renovate the Home
There are several reasons why people renovate their homes such as:
· Constructing a modern home with new facilities
· To increase the resale value of the home
· Upgrade full home
Factors Included in the Cost of Home Renovation in Essendon
Some factors play a vital role in the cost of home renovation such as:
1. Size of the Home - The first factor that affects the cost of the renovation is the area of the home. It is estimated that renovation costs per square meter can go from $2000 to $4000 in Australia. However, it might change slightly according to the size and area of the home.
2. Level of Renovation - There are different levels of renovation in the home. Some people want minor repairing works or alterations in their homes. On the other hand, some people might want to do a full home renovation. The levels of renovation change the cost as well.
3. Type of Materials - The cost differs from the type of materials. If you choose the best quality materials, the cost of renovation increases. But many people choose low-quality materials to save dollars during the renovation of the home.
4. Contractor - No two contractors offer the same price for renovating the home. Experienced and skilled contractors charge more fees than amateurs and new contractors.
5. Location of the City - The location also plays an important role in considering the cost of renovation. Labor and hourly wages differ from state to state.
How to Make an Estimation of the Cost of Home Renovation?
Using a real estate renovation calculator is one of the best ways to estimate the cost of the renovation of the home. Apart from that, you can follow the below tips:
· You should make the list of alterations to be done in every room.
· It is necessary to find the hourly price in your area and the cost of raw materials.
· You should keep a budget of 10 to 15% in addition to the total cost.
You can receive free quotes online for the best cost of home renovation Essendon.